1. The tissue that surrounds the penis is more durable than the tissue that surrounds the brain.
2. Ejaculation lasts about 0.8 seconds and comes from between three to ten spurts. Between half and one teaspoon is what the average man ejaculates. Men ejaculate at a speed of around 45 kilometres an hour.
3. Teenage erections last for up to an hour while the average man aged 20-40 can keep an erection for around 40 minutes. Between 66 and 70, you’re lucky to last seven.
4. Two in every thousand men can give themselves fellatio. The quality, however, is debatable
5. Testicles suddenly disappear during sex for a reason – they’re getting out of the way of any rough stuff. Clitorises do the same thing, ducking back under the hood if play gets too rough.
6. Between the ages of 15 and 60, the average man will ejaculate 34 to 56 litres of semen containing 350 to 500 billion sperm cells.
7. The size of the penis and how long a man lasts in bed is largely down to genetics. If a man father is well-endowed and can last for a long time in bed, chances the son will have the same qualities!
8. Having lots of sex is necessary to keep the penis healthy. Erections flood the penis with oxygen-rich blood, and oxygen is what keeps the muscle tissue inside healthy. A shortage of oxygen can lead to a build-up of collagen, which in turn affects the erection
9. What makes it bent as a banana? Peyronie’s Disease, a bend or curve in the penis, affects up to 4% of the population, commonly men between 40 and 60. They don’t really know what causes it but it appears to be hereditary or caused by ‘trauma’, which can include ‘excessive’ masturbation or intercourse. Plaque or nodules – hardened tissue – form in the shaft of the penis, causing it to bend.
10. Think twice before lighting that cigarette. It’s not just another ploy to make you give up, smokers are twice as likely as non-smokers to become impotent.
Tracey Cox is sex and relationship expert who writes for Lovehoney Australia, the Sexual Happiness People.
Source: Read Full Article