If you experience pain in the lower back, then you should think why this is so. This article will answer the most common questions in this area.
Common causes of lower back pain
There are a number of reasons why there is pain in the lumbar. Accurate can only be determined by a doctor.
- Low back pain;
- Malformations of the skeleton;
- Pancreatitis. This disease is observed girdle lower back pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, tongue coating.
- Appendicitis. Ache lower right abdomen and the pain radiates to the lower back;
- Disease of the small intestine. There is a discomfort in the back due to the fact that the affected nerve fibers of the lumbar in such diseases;
- Tuberculosis of the bones;
- Inflammation of the muscles.
- Tumors in the lumbar region;
- Kidney disease;
- Unwanted body weight.
Causes of lower back pain in women
Women very often back pain accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen. They give in the lower back. As a rule, this may indicate diseases such as vulva, uterine, tumor of the internal organs of the pelvis, adnexitis. The pain may occur right and left. And accompanying symptoms may be infectious processes, the inability to get pregnant, profuse discharge.
This is especially true in the last trimester. The fact that the load on the spine in this happy time is greatly increased. So back pain during pregnancy is quite natural and go away after childbirth.
In this case, the woman occurs the imbalance of hormones that causes circulatory disturbances in the pelvic organs. At the age of women is reduced bone density is osteoporosis.
Pain can appear because of excessive suspiciousness. Often such inclined hypochondriacs. In this case, treatment is required, but the psychologist.
The menstrual cycle also provokes pain in the lower back that sends pain in the lower abdomen. This occurs when the follicle comes out of the ovaries, which increases the uterus during a cycle.
If the woman has recently made abortion lower back pain can be a side effect. Due to this surgery there is a process of reducing the uterus is inflammation which is localized on the internal membranes of the uterus after mechanical damage.
Causes of lower back pain in men
Professional costs and sedentary work
The waist males can be hurt as a result of professional activities. Permanent seat in the office, and even in an awkward and incorrect posture leads to pain.
Usually, the pain occurs in the area of the anus, however, possible discomfort in the lower back. However, this symptom occurs rarely.
This disease is an inflammation of the testicles prydatkov. Very lower back not sore, but the discomfort can give in this area.
Quite often with irregular or excessive loads, there is pain in the lower back. Usually this happens when doing bodybuilding or bodybuilding. However, even walking a long time or home work may lead to such an effect.
Consequence of physical activity can be stretching. Often damaged latissimus dorsi muscle, which causes pain in the lower back.
While cancer of the genital organs can develop metastases, which provoke strong pain in the lower back. This reason is usually widespread among men after 50 years.
Causes of lower back pain in children
Curvature of the spine
Bad posture provokes the wrong load on the spine. As a result, the child begins to experience discomfort. This very often result in uncomfortable shoes, heavy and incorrectly selected backpack, flat feet. But in the early stages the problem can be solved.
This problem also occurs in children. In this case, it requires treatment to the doctor, not to run the disease.
The types of back pain
Pain syndrome may be primary or secondary. In the first case formed pain due to lesions of the skeletal system, as well as dystrophic and degenerative changes in it. Secondary pain is a pathology that is not associated with the lower back.
Also, there are recurrent and persistent pain. The first is related to acute diseases, large physical effort, physiological features. If a person will cure a major disease, pain, as a rule, no longer appear. But the constant associated with lesions of the deep vessels, injuries of musculoskeletal system. Despite treatment, the pain still comes back. Such diseases include:
- Scoliosis (curvature of the spine);
- Intervertebral osteochondrosis of the lumbar region;
- Lumbago (acute low back pain due to destructive changes in the vertebrae);
- Bechterew’s disease (ankylosing spondylitis, in which the lost mobility of the joints of the lower back);
- Different length legs;
- Spondylosis (accompanied by aging of the joints of the lower back);
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
What to do if a sore lower back?
To get rid of pain in the lumbar region, should:
- Go to bed, to take the most comfortable position. Choose a mattress that will be soft, and semi-rigid or rigid, this will help the muscles to relax and relieve spasms.
- With unbearable back pain you should use analgesic ointments or medicines. However, be careful when you use warming creams. This action will allow you to temporarily numb the pain.
- To delay going to the doctor is not necessary. In this case, the technician is able to identify the cause is primarily the neurologist. If it’s part of it, he will prescribe treatment. In identifying other related diseases, the doctor needs you will be referred to the physician who specializiruetsya on your specific problem. What the Clinician should prescribe treatment. Otherwise, you can stand up to serious consequences.